Thursday, April 9, 2009

The last supper

Today marks the day of the last supper,where Jesus had supper with his 12 desciples.

Mark 14:22-25

"As they did eat,Jesus took bread, and blessed,and broke it, and gave to them,and said,Take,eat;this is my body. And he took the cup,and when he had given thanks,he gave to them;and they drank of it. And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament,which is shed for many. Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruti of the vine,until the day that I drink it new in the kingdom of heaven of God.


As I sit here,I think of how Jesus did this for me. I never have really had this much thought during "Holy Week" but for some reason something came over me to study and teach my kids about the days leading up to the cruxifiction and resurrection of Christ. It seemed as if God was telling me I need to teach this to them. Oh,how I wish I could walk the walk Jesus took,even through the garden of Gethsemane.

No comments: